Click here to see how our firm is preparing for COVID-19.
How can we help?

    Riverdale Bicycle Accident Lawyer

    When you take to the road for leisurely cycling, you trust that other drivers adhere to the duty of safety they owe you. However, that does not stop negligent drivers from forsaking that duty and harming bicyclists. If you suffered an injury because of an irresponsible driver, a Riverdale bicycle accident lawyer could help you seek the compensation you need by bringing your case to court and challenging opposing counsels’ defenses.

    Even if your injuries and losses are extensive, a skilled personal injury attorney could seek the full amount of compensation that could be available to you. They could speak with insurance companies and attorneys for the wrongdoer to possibly settle your case without having to go to court.

    The Key Elements of Liability and Loss

    There are two key elements in each injury case that a bicycle accident lawyer in Riverdale must be prepared to show and convince the jury of: the wrongdoer’s liability and the victim’s losses. The jury must agree that the defendant is the party responsible for the injuries to the victim and furthermore they must believe that the injury suffered by the victim caused the victim’s damages. If these points cannot be shown, the victim may not receive the compensation they need.

    Negligence in Bicycle Accidents

    By obtaining a driver’s license and sitting behind the wheel of a car, a driver assumes a duty of care to others on the road. This duty is to drive and make decisions like other reasonably prudent drivers. If drivers breach this duty, they are liable for the injuries and damages that they cause.

    Breaching the duty is negligence. When negligence causes damages to another party, a legal claim could be brought against the driver.

    A Victim’s Liability in an Accident

    Sometimes, a defense attorney argues that it was the victim who was mostly if not completely responsible for an accident. Perhaps the bicyclist was not obeying the rules of the road or was distracted at the time of the accident. The defense could use this to purport that the victim is to blame for their own injuries. A competent Riverdale bicycle accident attorney could help refute these points in order to get victims the compensation they need.

    Under Official Code of Georgia Annotated §51-12-33, if a plaintiff is less than 50 percent at fault for their own damages, they may still recover their remaining damages from the defendants. For example, if a jury awards the plaintiff $50,000 for their damages, but they also determine that the plaintiff holds 10 percent liability. The defendant is only liable for paying them the remaining 90 percent of the $50,000. Importantly, if a jury determines that a victim was 50 percent or more at fault for the accident, the victim would be barred completely from recovering any compensation for their claim. Because of this, it is important for victims to have by their side a bicycle accident attorney in Riverdale who could challenge these accusations of fault.

    Connect with a Riverdale Bicycle Accident Attorney

    If you are facing multiple medical bills, lost wages, and physical injuries as a result of a bicycling accident, you may feel defeated. An experienced Riverdale bicycle accident lawyer understands these feelings and could help represent your legal interests. This could include asking for and receiving a fair settlement on your behalf.

    Do not procrastinate in consulting with an attorney as your legal rights could be lost after a period of time. Call today to schedule your case consultation and learn how you could benefit from the services of an attorney after a bicycle accident.